1. Discover one of a kind works of art at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. Go on Tuesday and save some cash on Meijer (free) Tuesdays.
2. Laugh your weekday worries away at Dr. Grins Stand Up or Comedy show. Located in the B.O.B.
3. Try some of the best beer Grand Rapids has to offer while enjoying some local talent at Founders Open Mic Nights, Tuesdays at 9pm.
4. For a walk on the wilder side, check out John Ball Park Zoo. Home to over 1,100 animals spanning across 5 continents!
5. Pack a picnic and head up to “Lookout Park,” for a breathtaking view of the city.
6. Explore the Downtown Market on a Saturday morning. Grab a coffee at Simpatico, or some homemade ice cream at Love's.
7. Watch talented pianists battle it out at Mojo’s Dueling Piano Bar. Show starts at 8pm on Wednesday-Friday and 7pm on Saturdays.
8. Enjoy an appetizer and some smooth jazz at Republic's Live Jazz Mondays from 8-11pm.
9. Take in the beauty of both nature and art while touring Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
10. Take a stroll or a roll down Michigan's beautiful White Pine Trail.
11. Spend the day window shopping in Rockford.
12. Come out to Rosa Parks circle for ice skating from December-early March, or free swing dancing lessons on Tuesday nights from mid April-mid October.
13. Enjoy an evening in Florida (well..kind of.) With real palm trees and over 120 craft beers on tap, you will feel like you are on an island paradise at The Score Restaurant and Grill.
14. Get in on some of Michigan’s best wines and ciders at Robinette’s Winery Tasting Room. Only $5 per couple to taste 6 local wines/ciders and receive a free souvenir wine glass!
15. Catch a foul ball at a Whitecaps Game. Come out to Fifth Third Ballpark between April and September and see Grand Rapids premier minor league team in action!
16. Test out your putting skills during a round of miniature golf at AJ’s Family Fun Center.
17. Visit the Historic Gaslight Village and stop into Jersey Junction for some Michigan made ice cream. Opened in 1963 by Doris VanAllsburg, mother of Chris VanAllsburg- author of The Polar Express!
18. Climb to new heights at Higher Ground Rock Climbing Center opened 7 days a week during the regular school year.
19. Go to the historic Wealthy Street Theater in Eastown for an old fashion movie experience, or to see the hysterical four man improvisational team, Pop Scholars.
20. Come hear live local artists at Billy’s lounge. While they are rooted in the good ol’ fashion Blues, you can enjoy many genres at Billy’s plus a wide variety of drinks and some killer specials.
21. Star gaze at Veen Observatory. Located far away from the glow of the city lights, you will see the night sky fully illuminated. Make sure you check their website for a schedule of the darkest nights.
23. Join Chef Jenna as she teaches free cooking classes on the second Saturday of the month from 2-3pm at Amore Trattoria. (Free Tip: If you only know how to make ramen noodles…..you should definitely do this.)
24. Grab some popcorn and a blanket and watch a movie under the stars at Ah-Nab-Awen park during their summer “Movies in the Park” series.
25. Throw strikes (or gutter balls) all night long at Clique Lanes. Come on a Friday night for 3 games and shoes for only $12!