Grand Rapids is only as unique as the people who call it home. The food, the arts, the history, the culture....... and yes, the beer. It's all thanks to the unique and vibrant community that make up our city. Here are just a few sure signs you're from Grand Rapids...
1. You know the difference between IPA's, Porters, Stouts and Lagers...or at least that there is a difference.
2. You survived the Polar Vortex of 2013
3. You feel a certain emotional connection to this bridge....
4. You consider being crowned "Beer City USA" as one of the highest honors any place could ever receive
5. You can name the 38th President of the United States
6. You know that a "Dirty Bastard" isn't an offensive slur, but actually quite delicious
7. You've carved your name into a wall or a table at Yesterdog
8. You are excited when Artprize starts, and you are even more excited when it ends
9. You appreciate a quality cup of coffee...that's not from Starbucks
10. You know that when Bill Steffen says it's going to be sunny and warm, to bring your winter coat and umbrella just incase...
11. You own at least 1 article of clothing with a mitten on it, and you wear it proudly
12. You know what American Pie and The Polar Express have in common
13. It seems as though every building you've been in recently is named after a DeVos or VanAndel
14. You're fairly certain the office chair your sitting in was made here
15. You pass more CRC's on the corner than CVS's
16. When people tell you they're from Wyoming, you never consider that maybe they mean the state
17. You hate Walmart, but you LOVE Meijer (and rightfully so)
18. You're not fooled by the rocks that he's got....he's still Floyd Mayweather from the block
19. There's an 86% chance you can name this plant....
20. You've always secretly been Team Jacob (but only because he's from GR)
21. You base your entire directional sense off of where the lake is
22. You can finish this sentence: Weather ball blinking bright ____________
23. You can pronounce Ah-Nab-Awen
24. You would gladly wait in line for over an hour for Robinette's donuts and cider in the fall
25. You are fully aware that there aren't actually any rapids here