There’s nothing quite like Grand Rapids in the fall…the colors, the food, the art, the beer! Take a look at a few of our top picks for awesome autumn activities in GR.
Entertainment and Arts
- Artprize- September 23-October 11, witness one of a kind works of art strewn about the city of Grand Rapids.
- The Zoo Goes Boo- October 17-19 and 24-26, John Ball Park Zoo will be packed with family friendly Halloween fun.
- Thriller Chiller Film Festival- October 22-25, Michigan’s original international genre film festival will showcase the best of action, horror, sci-fi, and suspense.
- Frederick Meijer Gardens- Throughout October 26, the Chrysanthemums and More display celebrates the beauty of fall and includes color tours, tram rides, and fun fall activities for kids.
- Founders Halloween Spooktacular- Head to Founders Brewing Co. on October 31st for some live music and great beer ($5 cover, 21+)
- Dia de los Muertos Dance Party- On October 31st, The Downtown Market will be hosting a wicked dance party and costume contest (Free entry, 21+)
- Halloween on Ionia- McFadden’s will host this annual Halloween Party that shuts down Ionia St. downtown on November 1st. Live music, Michigan beer tents, delicious food, and $5,000 in prizes for best costumes! (Tickets are $10 in advance)
- Zombie Apocalypse- On November 1st, dress in your zombie best and head to the B.O.B. for live music and $8,000 in cash and prizes for best costumes. (Tickets at the door are $5 for zombies and $15 for any other costumes)